Who I am and what I do

Discussion in 'Accurate Machinery' started by accurate machinery, Sep 6, 2007.

1. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

In 1997 I started Accurate Machinery LLC, brokering used construction equipment between dealers. Accurate Machinery LLC has evolved into a used equipment wholesale business. I still broker machines, however, I stock machines and store them in a local yard. I spend a lot of my time inspecting machines for trade values for dealers trying to trade them in. The end result is that I have inspected thousands of machines in various ages and conditions, I have seen reoccurring problems surface through out the industry.
    I have posted my machine evaluating procedures on my website under the heading of Accurate Articles, on www.accuratemachinery.com . It has been a very useful site as the responses have been favorable. People have been encouraging me to write more articles. I try to emphasize the more common failures that I see or hear about. Keep in mind that machine evaluating is a dangerous business, machinery can easily kill or maim a person.
    I am starting this forum because I enjoy the opportunity to share the experiences of the machinery business and I do have machines for sale, listed on my website. Isn’t that what the forum medium is all about, sharing information? I invite you to let me know if you agree or disagree with my articles about the machinery and invite you to add your information about a problem machine or common issue that you see with a certain machine. Share the information, we all benefit.
    I do offer my opinion on values throughout the LawnSite forums, keep in mind that my opinion is based on wholesale values, that can at times appear very low. Wholesale values are what a dealer should be paying for a machine, if you deduct the repairs that the machine needs the value is reduced even more.
    I have 21 years in the heavy equipment business focusing on earthmoving machinery. Before getting into the heavy machinery business I was a mechanic, starting out in my teens in a lawn mower and chainsaw dealership then moving on to Honda motorcycles finally into the imported car arena with emphasis on BMW, SAAB and Nissan.