Who is doing well this year?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Full throttle lawn care, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Full throttle lawn care

Full throttle lawn care LawnSite Member

All you guys talking about it being slow this year makes me wonder if there are ANY LCO in central Florida that feel the same? This is my first year and I'm already slammed with more then I can handle. I'm at the point were I tell them on the phone that my min is 40.00 no matter how small there yard is just to save me from bidding price shoppers and soon I will just have to tell them that I'm booked. Is there anyone from the Groveland,clermont Florida area? I need help!:dizzy:

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my first year also. I have yet to advertise and already have 7 customers. Keep in mind, I'm 15, So I'm not doing to bad!

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I'm doin good, I got 70 yds and I'm solo. I used to maintain over 150 yds a week with 2 crews, but last summer I moved north and sold off all those accounts and some equipment. I'm up to 95 accounts but of course u got those biweekly's in the mix so it comes out to mowing 70 a week. I dont wanna go back to hiring and firing people, puts too much stress on me. All I gotta worry about now is me. SOOOOOOOOO, I'm HAPPY

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

lol I'm gearing up for a lean year here in virginia, we've had a 4-hour drizzle and a 1-hour thunderstorm in the past 8 weeks. But I'm glad to hear it's not like this everywhere.

5. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

ehh....doing ok here, just tired of seeing minivans with trailers and old mowers out there....my area is full of them...but other than that im doing ok, more bids on the dumpest things than ever this year but ehh moneys money right

6. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

My first year and only 2 cut accounts. Did some spring cleans (Lots of work). I have an ad in some local papers. hoping for the late calls.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

mowing 40 hours a week, plus mulch jobs and all....much as i want for now....

8. TripleTsLawnCare

TripleTsLawnCare LawnSite Member

We have been picking up at a good pace. Being in central Florida. I don't see where LCO's are slow. Business is good.

9. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a mini van and a trailer...

but im pulling an 06' 36" stander RH.

10. A1A Lawn Care

A1A Lawn Care LawnSite Member

I am having a lot of trouble, but in this area the grass is just now growing good and we are starting to get some decent rain. I am new to the biz and i have 4 contracts, and ive had afew mulching and cleanup jobs. Im hoping that it will pick up soon, i know its going to take some time. Ive invested 10k into this to get started, and im going to think confident and keep attacking the market and make sure that i do the best job around so that word of mouth and recommendations pay off.