Who is expecting good sales 2009?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stihl036pro, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Who is expecting good sales this year for lawn maintenance? I know I am! I am excited for this spring and I can not wait to get started with work on April 1, 2009. Last year was a good year for us for lawn maintenance and I expect to same this year. Is any one else feeling the same way or am I in denial with this economy. haha Some of you guys up north of CT of still have 3 feet of snow on the ground. Its even been a great winter for plowing in CT.

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that you have 'hope'.... that's a good thing.... just 'hope' you aren't let down....

the economy is scaring me a little bit... just from bits and pieces of what I've been hearing around town...(down here)

makes me wonder if HD lawnmower sales are gonna skyrocket this year.... (homeowners trying to save a buck, by cutting it themselves...)

3. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I thought that we all could us a little hope on this website. Seeing that it so hard to make a living everywhere in the work place.

4. Carolina Cuts

Obama is gonna fix everything.. :eek:)

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I think with the times being the way they are, I will be happy with a decent year. So far I've gotten some estimates to do and haven't advertised yet, so that's reassuring.

6. john27

john27 LawnSite Member

i think this year is gonna make and break alot of companies

7. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I am expecting good things. My Jan. volume was down but profit was up a little. So no complaints from me.

8. gdigman23

gdigman23 LawnSite Member

I cant figure this economic thing out...business is always the same for me as I maintain a 36 acre cemetery..seems like there are 10 jobs in the local paper but over 150 online in my community alone..I just dont know if people dont realize they are out there????

9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

No worries about the economy here.....I am still seeing help wanted signs around town....our area has been spared so far.....thank GOD!!

10. Carolina Cuts

:laugh: I'z thinkin' they're referring to major cities and corporations.

Most large "industry" cities and companies don't hang "help wanted" signs on the windows....