1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who is going to the AOLP Conference, 2011?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Sep 10, 2010.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Just thought I would discover who of you is planning on attending the 2011 AOLP Conference in Scottsdale AZ this coming winter? I am looking forward to meeting up with a number of other "lighting geeks" - oops sorry Tommy! Let me change that to Lighting Pros - and getting re-charged for another busy installation season that lies ahead.

Not familiar with the AOLP? You can check them out online at www.aolponline.com

Have a great day.
  2. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning on being there and looking forward to it big time. Never been to Arizona.
  3. Tim R.

Tim R. LawnSite Member

Hoping to go, but we will see.
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Just curious as I know many of us had some concearns with aolp in the past and you even wrote open letters on forums about the association voicing your issues. What changed your perspective ?
  5. The Lighting Geek

The Lighting Geek LawnSite Senior Member

I will be attending, hopefully taking the CLVLT test, and acting like I normally do. Which can be entertaining at times...because I am a spaz..lol
  6. Terradek

Terradek LawnSite Member

James, Tommy, Bob, that you will be in attendance. I hope that we will see you as well Tim and Billy. In fact any person on this forum who is interested in the conference may find out more by visiting www.aolponline.org. This is going to be a really great event for anyone who wants to step up their game. It is one the few opportunities to spend quality time with many of the Leading Manufacturers, Distributors, Designers, and Contractors in our industry. If you do anything to invest in your business this year this would be a great choice. This conference never fails to provide new insights and friendships. This will be my 10th conference and I still get excited about what I will learn and I always come away with new perspectives and renewed energy. The people that you will interact with are some of the most generous people you will meet in their willingness to share what they know.

In fact if I remember correctly Tommy will be sharing his perspective on marketing by participating on a panel at one of the sessions.

Some of the individuals that I have heard will be there but not likely to respond on this forum are Jan Moyer, Hiroshi Kira, Lew Waltz, Jack Miller, & Cruz Perez. We are expecting a good crowd so register early.
  7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I can vouch for this. Just make sure he doesnt come pounding on your hotel room door at 7am like he did to me at lightfair 08 :)
  8. RLI Electric

RLI Electric LawnSite Senior Member

Those of you that are going, how many are bringing their families with you?
  9. Viewpoint

Viewpoint LawnSite Member

I'll be there, taking COLD year 2! I don't think I'll be bringing any family.
  10. Tomwilllight

Tomwilllight LawnSite Senior Member

From what I hear, the presentations will challenge the outstanding quality of the San Antonio conference. Scottsdale will be the place to be if you do landscape lighting.

I look forward to seeing all of you there and helping Welty to extoll the virtues of living in Portland, OR.