who is here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by davidcentralflorida, May 6, 2008.

1. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

do the makers of these fine pieces of equipment care what we want?

if your there and you do care. i would like the following for starters: (youll get the pun later)

1. id like a blower, that has a battery and starter button. never fails, customers only want to talk when im bowing. a push button start would be nice. id live with the extra weight to be able to power-up like ghostbusters did.
    2. why cant my line trimmer be modified to start with a cordless drill. i yank on a cord it seems hundred times a day. model airplanes have a starter, why cant my line trimmer?

what do yall say?
    what do the rest of you want?
    david

2. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

I like the starter for the blower. ( Are you listing Echo? )

3. davidcentralflorida

davidcentralflorida LawnSite Member

i had a helper a few years back, he said he had one. didnt remember the brand. iv lusted after it since.

4. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

I wish echo would change there chainsaw helmet to this so I can drink beer and work at the same time!:drinkup::drinkup:

beer_helm.jpg

5. FF1809

FF1809 LawnSite Member

David, I have seen an eletric start weedeater at (gasp) Home Depot. I cant account for its reliability and cant remember the brand right now, but it was on display and had a drill battery. They were asking like only $170. Il try and find it.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Nah just put a sign on all 2-cyclers, like so:

Caution: If engine won't start, ensure ignition switch really is ON! :laugh:

Did that this last week, omg..
    Was almost to cursing it so wouldn't start.
    Yup, yup.

But it would be kinda neat if 2-cyclers had a 'drill' start, some R/C cars have it too.
    It wouldn't add any real weight if it was just a hole someplace, you would have to provide your own drill is all.

7. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

O it only happens when ur in a hurry or mad. you forget to turn the thing on and yank all day then ur like is it on. boom to more pulls and away u go

8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

the electric start backpack would ROCK. I tell my customers that wanna talk that they have to restart my backpack for me when they are done talking. Funny thing is after they have to do that once, don't have much trouble out of the gabbers anymore.

9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I know the Echo made an eletric start trimmer many years ago. I thought they stopped making it. It was a homeowner model, but weighed too much.

10. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

How about rubber mounted engines, or some type of isolation to reduce vibration?
    Vibration-absorbing grips would be nice also.

Same deal for ZTR's. If Harley can do it, why not Scag?

I'd rather not be an old man by 40.

A