Who is looking to buy some new equipment this year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys ...

Long time since I posted on here .. it's been a busy winter away from the lawn care business for me. Now that the middle of February is here, I'm getting set to start scheduling my work for this upcoming season.

My question is ... How many of you are planning on adding to, or replacing equipment this season? With the economy the way it is, I somehow feel that some of the residentual market is going to go away, leaving more legit businesses going after the commercail market.

Myself ... I am planning on at least adding a new WB to my trailer. If things go like it looks like they are, I will also be adding another 60" Z and at least one more trimmer to the trailer. If that is the case, I may also add another trailer .. this one being an open trailer to compliment my 18' enclosed trailer.

How about some of you other people? What, if anything, will you be looking to add?

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I would like to replace my 50" Dixon with a 48" to 52" ZTR, just totally unsure of what route I'd like to go. Prob. either Walker or Grasshopper. Maybe even just a 48" hydro WB. Also going to get a Redmax handheld blower. Need a rack for my BP blower. Need to get a Lesco fertilizer spreader. Would like to get a Ryan power rake. Need to do SOMETHING different for a mowing truck, maybe just add a dump insert to mine? Oh yea, need a heck of a lot more lawns to pay for all this junk...

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

As you can see by my sig .. I use Xtreme racks for my hand held stuff, and for my Back Pack Blower (BR600). Love them .. and they work GREAT!

4. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I want a exmark lazer zhp 46" for this year.

5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Biggest thing i need or would like is a 52" Wright Stander.

6. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Any main reason you are swapping from Dixon? Do you have the 24hp on yours?

7. BCNU

BCNU LawnSite Member

I want to add a 997 Deere this year. I am more concerned with what the weather will be here again this year than the economy. We were very dry last year. Several of my cutomers have irrigation systems but alot of them do not.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

23hp. Reason for switching is that I don't like the Dixons, at all, since they were bought out buy Husqvarna. Plus I can go over to Wichita and have much much better service from about any of the dealers over there.

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

if i can get at least 50 new accounts with a avg price of $45.00 after i distribute my 30,000 flyers i am going to add

f550 extended cab 4x4 mulch dump- $22k
    48'' scag walk behind- $3k
    61'' turf tiger with a 29dfi kawi or 35hp vangaurd w/bagger- $10k
    4 door canyon 4x4 for a estimate truck-$13k
    br600, 2 whips, 2 edgers, little wonder edger-$3k
    f-650 crew cab mulch dump, if the hardscapes line up good $15k
    ct332 deere ctl-$25k oh wait cross that off i just got it. (check the link to see it stuck in the mud)
    isuzu cab over if the hardscape is really going and i need the f550 and enclosed for that side of the biz- $25k
    toro dingo or the like- $8k

check out these links, the f650 sold for 13k!!! what a deal, the f550 is a heck of a truck for 22k im thinking about buying it now before i have the new accounts i like it so much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=280199940760&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=110219510500&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

10. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I will be adding a new 61 29dfi Turf Tiger and some new Reedmax handhelds. Also looking at a possible 48" Scag walk-behind. Depends on price. Also new fertilizer spreader. If not a new walk-behind then a new push mower. Maybe Honda or Lawnboy.