Who is making less money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siklid1066, Oct 21, 2008.

1. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

How is the 2008 season for most.I had the work,but my income is less.The cost to operate this year was very high.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So, what else is new?

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I didn't grow as much as I wanted to this year, but I have already made more money than I did last year with a couple months left to go.

4. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

Our best year ever!

5. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

My lawn maintenance numbers are up, my install numbers were horrible this year, very slow on that end. Fuel was a big killer this year, almost double what it was for the same period 2007. Still a decent year, I'm pretty happy. I'm running with very little debt right now, I own everything outright so that has helped me put money elsewhere. I plan to keep it that way.

6. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Overall we are having a good year. Can't complain.

I thank the Good Lord for the Business.

Ready to take a winter break and Reload for NEXT YEAR!!!!!*trucewhiteflag*

7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have reached all of my goals for the 2008 mowing season. Still have a few more mowings and clean-ups. I will start next week on trying to pick up some more commercial accounts for 09. And start a goal list for 09 also. :waving:

8. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I didn't get as many accounts as I wanted to gain, I think I gained about 6 more though. Did alot of one time jobs for people though. I did have a substantial amount of income compared to years past. I think it's because I tried my hardest to manage money and stayed up to date on quick books. I already have the business plan drawn up for the 09' Season. But don't forget about snow removal, it aint over yet

9. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Most of our business is fert and spray, we took a huge hit with fertilizer costs doubling, but other than that, it's been about the same as last year.

10. hillbilly_lawnboy

hillbilly_lawnboy LawnSite Member

i haven't seen much change. i picked up one new commercial contract that helped offset the rising operating cost.