Who is right?...Dixie Chopper or Hustler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I was just curious if Dixie Chopper is still "The Worlds Fastest Lawn Mower" as they advertise. With all this talk about new Hustler's and their 15mph ground speeds, that seems to beat out the 13mph of the Dixie. It seems like Dixie Chopper is putting out some false advertising here!

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I seen hustler claims also. Uhhhhh ohhhhhhhh. Hey Eric, did you here this? LOL

3. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Hustler has not put a jet on engine on there mower......yet. Doesn't the City Slicker or that turbo diesel Chopper go faster than 13mph?

Rick

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

did somebody say a duel? i think esby is calling you out eric.

5. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

until DC puts their jet engine choppers into full production, I still judge them by standard production models. Same way with any other mower. There are mowers faster than the Jet DC for mower drag racing.

Really a comparison of DC and Hustler would be nice. Cut, speed reliability, acres per hour, stability, power, cost of operating... then techinical and customer support

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

BUT the jet chopper has a deck(stainless steel I think) and can cut grass I believe. It is not meant for drag racing- it can cut grass( I think).

7. olddog

olddog LawnSite Member

Is that mph or acres/h???

8. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They are discussing mph...(it was posted)

9. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't checked the speed of my 2000 DC flatlander diesel XFD2600-60, but I know that it's faster than my previous 1998 Flatlander with the Kohler 25 H.P. that was rated at 13 MPH.

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I've yet to find hardly any properties that I can cut wide open throttle on my lazer. If it isn't the rough terrain it's the fact it grows an inch a day. Travel time from my trailer to the lawns are limited so a 15mph mower doesn't impress me. Sell me quality and features, then we have something.