1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who is still cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bettergrass, Nov 22, 2004.

1. bettergrass

bettergrass LawnSite Member

just wondering are any of you still cutting in northern mid west areas. theres a huge condo complex behind me and i thought the company that does it was done, but sure enough they came out today to cut. its been around 40's around cincinnati but its also rained 4 inches so far this month. just wanting to see what others are doing. my contracts end the 15th and i stop usualy the 1st
  2. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i'm not in your area, but my plans for finishing up this week aren't going to happen. second week of december will do it.
  3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm just to suck up the remaining leafs 2 week in December is the cutoff
  4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

last week I finished up mowing for the year and today was my last clean-up. Now the fun part. No more work and the checks roll in over the next 2 weeks.
  5. cajunboy

cajunboy LawnSite Member

Still cutting here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Has been raining alot lately but the high has been in the 70's and lows in the 40's. Still haven't had first freeze. Grass still growing but is really starting to slow down.
  6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm like the energizer bunny..... still going. (but not for long)
  7. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Most of mine still need cutting and growing almost 2 inches a week. I havent cut this late in years.
  8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Still cutting up here in Canada. Was such a nice day, to be out there, hard to believe the calendar. Gota love towing the mower's, with the snowplough, lol :eek:
  9. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

How nice was it? It was 43 and cloudy here in KC.
  10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

still mowing here, but then again we go all year round in Florida. High of 78 today. Low around 63. The shorter days are slowing the growth though. Only 4 hours to cut 8 hours worth in spring. Gotta like that.