1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who is the Brickman Group?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stihl036pro, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me who the Brickman group is, I never heard of them. They under cut me on a bid for a retirement community. This bid was worth lots of Dough. They only under cut me by 3 thousand. I thought my bid was just right. From what I gather there a national company. I thought my pirces seemed really fair for the size of the property. Just alittle disappointed, I'll get over it. :angry:

2. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

3. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

pretty much the largest lawn company in the US

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I think I read someplace a year or more ago they are established in like 27 or so States.

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

6. scannon

scannon LawnSite Member

Big in Atlanta see there trucks all over the place

7. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

They are a huge company so if each crew makes the bossman a profit of 50 bucks a day the guy makes millions, don't get discouraged about your prices they should be higher then his. Some people like them alot of other people prefer the personal touch an owner operated business gives them. Customers are like women make em feel special and perform good service and they won't look elsewhere.

8. Stihl036pro

Stihl036pro LawnSite Member

I feel like a small little general store in the town center. Then walmart comes nocking at the door. It was difinitely a learning experience since I am not to familiar on bidding on huge properties. Atleast I know who I'm dealing with now. On the bright side my prices were more then fair and I would never go as low as brickman to get that job. Its hard to belive that there are companies like Brickman under cutting EVERYONE. THere are some LCO's trying real hard to keep there head above water, and then here comes brickman blowing everyone out of the water. Thats Business, you got to take the good with the Bad and never give up if you want to survive. They must do an un-real amount of volume though to stay ahead of the game. Thanks for you replies! -MIKE-

9. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Well boys.... let me tell you,,,, IPC major account manager is kicking their azz in sales.... we have picked up a ton of their old accounts due to the fact that property managers are just plain tired of having to deal with the poor customer service they provide ( most also told me they cant understand the onsite help & thats very frustrating ) We have sold all of our accounts with " Because we care " customer service, sure we are not as CHEAP... but we guarantee our customers will be happy with our service & the word is getting out about us. So, I would say....build your business on your reputation....because if you dont,
    Quote: It takes months or years to find a customer & only seconds to lose them.

K

10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

"Customers are like women, make em feel special and perform good service and they won't look elsewhere"

flipperneck, so true..........so true. IMO, that's what it takes.

That and word-of-mouth, is all I ever needed.