Who is This?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Al Jackson, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Al Jackson

Al Jackson LawnSite Member

Have anyone ever heard of this company and what's your take on this company? The second question is for you advertisers, what is the true response count on your direct mail
    ing? :confused:

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at the site. If the product works, I can see a market for it but $87,000 to start...:dizzy:

kc

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

You are locked into buying all product from them. Look heavy into the pricing of it and see if there is any price lock.
    Organics are a harder sales job from what I hear. Easy up front but when the neighbor has TG spray grass steroids and instant green up happens, you have to be ready to explain the slower results but better health, A lot.

Direct mail is the hardest to spot target so I would look for about 1/2 of one percent sold jobs if your pricing is right. 3% is a good call back rate so if you are priced low you may get all 3%---10000 out will return maybe 40- 50 sales in a well chosen market.

Fliers are much easier to direct the target and I believe will produce better results.

4. Al Jackson

Yes, $87,000 is pretty high. The franchisor states the juice makes the grass noticible green in one application. Thanks for the comment.

5. Al Jackson

I've talked to the franchisor and other franchisees. They states the juice makes any grass noticible green with one application. The cost to treat an 4000 sq ft lawn is $6. if I can get 50 new customers I will be on my way to a good start. Thanks for the quick reply

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

did u ask them what they do to control weeds

7. The Cowboy

The Cowboy LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like typical advertising by promoting a band-aid fix for an underlying problem. Grass steroids can't be all their cracked up to be. If the grass is not naturally green, then there is a soil problem. Get the natural soil microbes in balance with proper feeding, eliminate the weed competition with an initial spraying of dicamba, and the lawn will rejuvenate itself and crowd out weeds from then on. Applications of bio-solids and organic matter based fertilizers will keep it in fertility if the soil is poor. Mulching of grass clippings helps to rebuild depleted humus reserves. If you want to go all the way out there, apply compost tea, but that is somewhat cost prohibitive.
    I can't believe that one laboratory produced spray will fix everything. I can't fault them for promoting organic though. They are doing better than chemlawn in that respect and saving the environment. good luck, I hope you can gain alot of Chemlawns clients. I hear they have a 25% lost client rate every year. And their fertilizer sucks; kills lawns during droughts.
    Research every alternative before committing to one thing, it helps.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

6 bucks an app? It might cost you more to drive there than its worth depending on what chemicals they are using. :dizzy: And 87k for one? Saint happenin man.

9. Al Jackson

Thanks for all the good info cowboy

10. Al Jackson

I need more feed back from you vets on this company before I invest in the franchise. Fertilizer will cost me 6-7 bucks/4000 sq ft of lawn. The going rate in california is 50 -65 bucks per application. The franchisor states the lawn turns green with 1 application within 3-5 days. The more reponse the better...Thanks in advance