Who is using a 5x8 trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by cpt87gn, Jan 29, 2010.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If I were you I would at least go with a 5x10. Space always fills up fast and you can never have enough.

2. pvlandscaping

pvlandscaping LawnSite Member

i have a 5x8 right now and all i fit is my 36" cub cadet wb and 2 21" lawnboys on it, cant fit anything else, i have to put trimmers, blowers, gas cannister and eveyrthing else on my truck. dont make the mistake i made, buy something a little bigger than u need. dont go too crazy tho, even a 6x10 would be enough for what your intentions are.

3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I'd go minimum 5'X10'. We got a 6'x10' and have a 52" Lazer, a Quick 32" 2 trimmers, an edger, back pack blower, trimmer string holder, a hand held blower, and box on the tongue with a chainsaw, hedge trimmer, pole saw, tool box, mix gas can, and miscellaneous tools. It is a tight fit but all has its place

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I used a 5 x 8 my first year. It had a tilt bed so only my 48" WB went in the trailer. Everything else went in the truck bed including a 21" push mower. It was perfect for my first year as I could keep in in my garage.

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Here is a couple of pictures of the 6'X10' loaded up. Not much room left.

193.jpg

195.jpg

6. LawnboyTim

LawnboyTim LawnSite Member

I just picked up a new 5x8 recently and seems to be ok for now, but I would get atleast a 5x10 If I were you, I plan to upgrade to a 6x10 or 12 next season this one was just the right price.. If I have any big jobs I just use my stake bed or my older 5x10.. heres the 5x8 trailor with my Jeep..

Trailor 001.JPG

Trailor 001.JPG

7. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

I couldn't fit one of my mowers on a 5x8.

8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 6x12.i can fit 36'wb,trim mower,catcher,backpack blower,weedwackers.

9. kharrington

kharrington LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. kharrington

kharrington LawnSite Member

I started with a 5x8, mounted a 30x30 alum. cylinder cage raise 6'' on the front and racks on the side. I used a 33'' and a 21'' that fit perfect side by side, it was great at the time for just starting out but the next year I built a custom 7.5 x 16. I had planned on just doing the residential but quickley found myself doing a lot more and needed the room.
    Posted via Mobile Device