Who is using dial up?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jun 3, 2007.

1. One of our lawn site professors uses dial up and for the general site population to know I'm trying to find out who else uses dial up. Maybe we can establish some unwritten pic protocol. i love pics and hate to see them avoided by good commentators. By the way Rotard your pics are the only ones I have to wait on and I have high speed cable so I can imagine dial up must take forever.
  2. dial up on a 386 must take a while..try using the Turbo button..
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I'm on Comcast cable here, though the speed varies because I'm usually on my wireless connection via the laptop.

In todays day and age, high speed is about $5 more than dial up, but 50x the speed, so if you can get it in your area, its worth it.

LondonRain: We used to have a 386dx year ago with the turbo button, I always left it on. I think it was actually to slow the system down for old 286software that ran too fast. (I.E. Turning Turbo off made the pc slower than a 386, while when it was on, it was regular speed).

Not sure though.

That was my 2nd pc.
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Boots maybe??? He likes old stuff. :laugh:
  5. Let-it-mow!

Let-it-mow! LawnSite Member

I'm on dialup.

There's no cable in my neighborhood, I'm too far from town for DSL to be available, and the last time I looked into satelite, equipment was around $500, it was weather dependent, and it still tied up the phone line since download is on the satelite but upload still happens on the phone line.

Sometimes our electric goes out for days at a time, I can't order a pizza or Chinese. But the neighbor's don't make much noise.

6. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

We've had DSL for quite a few years. Never have any problems with loading pics here. Can't imagine using dial-up, I don't have the time for a slow connection.
  7. I'm guessing turfgrass but what kind of farming is in that pic?
  8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's the remains of the government hemp field that had no THC content
    sold to ROTARD.
  9. PurpHaze

From the looks of the picture you're not missing anything. At today's gas prices that take-out would cost you at least two days' work. :)
  10. PurpHaze

It's what happens when drip goes bad and isn't triple clamped. :laugh: