Who is using doubles with a Lazer Z?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

How long? Any problems at all?
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I tried it once and it didn't do anything different for me. Cut just as good with 1 blade. Used more fuel due to drag on the motor.
  3. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

tsg, its not worth it if osha stops you sees you have 2 blades on the spindle count on a 5k fine or more. use the new excaliburs, i ordered 13 sets for all 3 of my mowers and they are the best thing since sliced bread.
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

This is news to me.. Tell me more please. Is it a Gator type blade? How much are they?
  5. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

No way one blade will outcut doubles i see exmarks cut, i cut some appts and a exmark crew cuts the ones across the street, i run doubles on my Z-master and 52" Snapper walkbehind and my 52" scag, My quailty of cut is much better than the exmarks, Jeff is there crew leader he even came over one time an ask me how i get such a good cut and stripe, I told him i run two blades on each spindle and he had never ever heard of that one, I told him to give it a try but they never did cause i always check out there work. Marks Mowing Service
  6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

doubles here. grass dispersal is the major benefit.
    no clean up,saves time.about osha. cant see doubles as a safety factor.i recently stripped the treads out of a spindle ,my bad.
    the blades came loose and just fell under the machine.
    not saying they couldnt be thrown ,but that could happen with singles also. imho.
  7. My 1 blade on the Lazers, cuts as good as 2 blades on the Dixies.

Right now the grass is controlable, if it becomes faster growing I will run doubles on them also
  8. jmarkwood

jmarkwood LawnSite Member

What blades (singles and doubles) are Lazer Z owners using with the Micor Mulch accessory?
  9. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Use the exmark mulching blade, there really isn't a better blade to use with the Micro Mulch kit. I've tried gators, high lifts, low lifts..and everything in between, only to go back to the exmark mulching blade.
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Espy is correct. But I'll take it one step further. Any of the other types of blades will mess up the airflow design of the mulch kit and the grass will not "dissappear" like it should. You'll get a strip down the side of the deck.