Who is waiting for the Hustler GaterStar?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Oct 28, 2005.

?

Hustler GateStar

1. want one, need one, can't sleep untill I get one

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Would have bought one but couldn't wait and purchased something else.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. If out spring 06 will look at, but have to buy something else if not

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. Our trim mowers last a long time and Hustler missed out on our 10 year purchase.

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

With all the talk of the Gatestar over the past couple of years you would think Hustler would make this priority 1. So I decided to take a poll just to find out how many people actually want one of these bad.

2. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

I was under the impression they had shelved this project.

3. Soupy

Just my opinion, but I'm guessing this mower will outsell all other models for awhile. So I wonder why they have not dropped all projects except this one and get it done. I could care less about another velke, striping kit, etc. Lets get this project done and then concentrate on others. Just my opinion, but it seems like the hottest thing they got going right now, but they decided to come out with another belt drive, velke, striping kit etc. instead.

Hustler tell those engineers no X-MAS bonus unless they get this thing done.

4. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I suspect the continuing saga of 'As the Gatestar Turns" has been cancelled.

It is amazing they keep showing it every year at Louisville and you see it in lawn magazines. It doesn't take a marketing genius to know you don't keep showing it at shows/advertising it year after year and not get it to the market.

They keep putting the cart (advertising) before the horse (GateStar).

RIP GateStar.

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would hate to know the cost on one of those things.

6. Soupy

bump TTT.. :)