1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who just bought a 279/89 D series?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by PTSolutions, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it a in stock unit or something they had to order ? Friend is ordering a 299 D xhp and Cat said he would be lucky to see it by the end of January
  2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

What is XHP ?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Its CAT's highest hp high flow machine- 106 net hp and 40gpm@4000psi. I also think it's their most loaded up machine- b/u camera, speed sensitive ride control, 2spd, return to dig, work tool positioned, blue tooth radio, etc. are all standard. You can get those features with the other models as part of packages.
  4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's probably 125k at least ain't it
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Marek

they gave him a really good number on it with steel tracks and roof top oil cooler under 100k
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

That's a good number he got.

My bobcat dealer quoted me $106k for a rigged out T770 w/ forestry package and 60" mulcher head.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Marek

There was no head in that price.
  8. Nico963

Nico963 LawnSite Member

Here's his thread...

Treemover just got quoted $50,500 wide track 259 with 78" bucket.
  9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

That's what she said.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

We never closed the deal on the 259. Couldn't lift what I wanted, poor tilt center performance and I feel like the leg/knee room between the controls is cramped. Kubota dealer came in at 46,500 for loaded up 75. I already know I am not a big fan of one sided hvac vents.
    Posted via Mobile Device