Who knows about Grazers?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Dave Carney, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Hi. :) I was recently given the use of a Grazer 1897v ztr mower (52") to use while my Ingersoll 4120 (60", Onan 20hp) is in the shop for a leaking hydraulic motor. This Grazer does everything better than my Ingersoll, cut quality, speed, fuel economy, ride quality, lower noise, etc. How is the durability of these Grazer machines? I have a 5 acre property to mow and use my mower 60 hours per year. I have quite a bit of unlevel, fairly rough terrain, and the Grazer handled it A-ok but would it stand up for me long term? My Ingersoll was $7200 six years ago ($9200 retail now) and now has 350 hours on it. The Grazer has 83 hours on it, Vanguard engine (18hp). How much do these Grazers sell for? I can't find any pricing info on the web. I am contemplating some sort of trade but I want a mower that'll last with my less than perfect terrain. TIA. :)
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Dave we are located in Upstate NY. I met a fellow LCO who has a 60" he will be letting go this fall. I asked him how he liked the unit and he absolutely loves it.

I talked with him about uneven terrain, slopes/terraces etc. and he claims like you to have found no trouble controlling this machine under adverse mowing conditions.

I have seen where people suggest that as far as determining the value of a machine in the thousands that you subtract $1000 for each year gone by, and then $1 for each hour this season.

Hope this helps.
  3. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Thanks, that's good to hear. :) Does the $1000 per year stop after a few years. My 365 hour Ingersoll is 6 years old and would be worth about $1000? :( or maybe that formula applies to commercial use?
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Thats basically for Commercial use because quite often we rotate looking for a better mower or just upgrade them every 3rd or 4th season.

There is a member here by the name of grazer or grazerz. I cannot remember which and he uses the machine in question. you could try to contact him via e-mail and then possibly he could point you in the right direction for what you are looking for.

You could also try posting in the commercial lawn care forum. there are many there who discuss equipment and you might find a better response there.

Best of luck in your search!
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If I sold my oldest Dixe Chopper using that formula I would have to pay someone $2800 to take it. :(

It is 7 years old, so there is $7,000 and it has over 3,600 hours at $1.00 an hour, so that's another $3,600. That's $10,600 off the original price of $7800 I paid for it 7 years ago.
  6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i'll take it then eric!