Who knows Plotters?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IMAGE, Aug 7, 2009.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

All I want is a decent plotter to cut vinyl. Ebay brings up thousands of them. Google brings up stores I dont think I can trust.

I would like one that can handle 2' vinyl, and don't want to spend a crap load. I just want to be able to do lettering and logos for windows and tailgates, because I want to change the saying seasonally. I'm not looking for a vinyl printer. Just a plotter.

So if you can give me some tips on brands to look for, and sources that are trustable, it would be much appreciated.

2. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

You can mod a standard inkjet printer into a vinyl cutter. You should be able to find one for 10-50 bucks and get the software from somewhere. Also, old scanners make good plotting tool although i didn't find anything when I searched specifically for vinyl plotters.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

what?

I'm not looking to mod something. I'd like a nice one that will be reliable and work out of the box. I see them all over for 100-400 for entry level plotters. I just dont know which brands are the best or most reliable. I'll end up doing a lot of my own stuff, and have enough on the "to do" list that even a $500 investment will pay for itself the first month. I know I'll also end up doing small things for friends for $$, so I'd like something halfass decent. I dont expect to make money with this, just to save money and have fun with it.