Who Knows?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Jun 4, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Hi everyone. Just wonder if any one knows of an email address to bobcat. Like maybe bobcat's headquarters. I want to email them and let them no of a few things that they need to change on their machines. I want to tell them that bobcat has the horsepower but not the foot pounds of torque. And that most of their skid steers from the s-150 to their s-300 needs more torque. If anyone else knows of something they need to change let me know and I will include it. Like the s-160 has 56 horse. And the John Deere 317 has 61 horse. Now the John Deere only has 5 more horse, but the John Deere has somewhere around 48 more foot pounds of torque and that helps ALOT. Kubota needs to do something to give more torque.:weightlifter: I bet bobcat would sell alot more skid steers if they had more torque. They need to go threw and change that. Soon

2. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

have you tried the contact us linke on bobcats website?

3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

On skid steers, the engine torque and HP don't equate the same as in a truck or car. The hyd system, a hydrostatic system, a closed system, is dependant on a lot of factors other that engine hp and torque. Yes, you have to have the engine power to move and operate the pumps and motors, but it depends alot on system pressures and flows, the type of pumps and motors and their efficency. The boom controls are a different pump altogether, but use the same fluid.

4. cat2

from Mi

Finally found it:) Their new website kind of sucks:dizzy: Just waiting for anyone with anything they want me to include

5. cat2

from Mi

O, man I feel dumb now. You are smart. But they do lack power:cry:

6. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

cat2 -- perceived power is a huge issue that many manufacturers are trying to address. Being able to spin the tires might make a machine seem powerful, but it's wasted power because it kills tire life. In addition, an engine that sputters and whines may sound like it's working really hard, but operating in that manner doesn't do wonders for machine life or for productivity.

That being said, you have very valid points... and I'd bet that Bobcat engineers are on it in some way, shape, or form. :)

7. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Hey now! No need to feel dumb! I learn something new everyday.
    In hydraulics, Pressure = power Speed = flow. A pump doesn't produce pressure, it produces flow. Restriction creats pressure. Can you have pressure with out flow??? YES!
    Now... can you stall some hydrostatic machines and then not stall others but run out of hyd power? Yes, its due to an antistall circuit in the drive and/or other hyd functions. It will go to relief BEFORE the engine runs out of power. Some machines don't have it and you will over run the engine and it will stall. There by giving you the impression that it is under powered.

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Tell them to follow to make sure their mechanics at the independent dealers are qualified.

Also, they need a better lexan door system. Had new machine delivered for grinding brush. NO windshield wiper installed and the lexan doesn't seal on the door frame. How the heck am I supposed to grind brush without being able to clean my window or keep the cab air clean?

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

I don't see how you can say they lack power. Have you tried all the models and compared them to other machines/types of machines?

10. TonyG

TonyG LawnSite Member

if you would, ask them when there coming out with a "smaller" All Wheel Steer unit.