Who..lifts trailer onto truck-bypasses jack..just me?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowisme, Jun 8, 2008.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is plain dumb..And I hope to change that soon..with age creeping up /bad lower back/ and a rather 'new' metal hip..I need to do it right and change my hand crank jack on trailer- cranks hard so I just leave it retracted and lift trailer up onto ball. Wondering if I'm the only dum-dum-soon to be ex-dum-dum?. any certain A-fram jack superior? Thanks..Gene
  2. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Do anything to make physical jobs easier on the body. That way things will not get as overstressed and or wear out as fast.

Now for trailer jack, When mine gets hard to crank I oil it or use some of the spray lithium grease and squirt inside and work it a bit, this procedure seems to free it up quite a bit and lasts a long time.
  3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

I lift it up when I use my grandmas and neighbors trailers, thats how they get them on and off, no need to crank
  4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I just pick mine up. no problem. If yours is heavy, you may buy an electric jack. Even though they're expensive, its cheap compared to a hernia.

two trucks sm.jpg
  5. Chris G

Chris G LawnSite Member

It seems like a bad idea to lift if you could just crank it up
  6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

How small is your trailer? ;) I wish i could lift the front of my trailer, You would call me "THE HULK"! :laugh:
  7. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

id totally love to have an electric jack, that cranking gets really old, maybe a button on the side of the trailer tounge with an up and down button... gosh does anyone make these things?
  8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Ever had a hernia, if not you sure will soon.:)
  9. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Northern tool sells them. I would like toi get one but for a couple hundred, i can crank.
  10. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

dang i agree haha