Who makes a commercial 32 inch riding mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by a BUNCH of work, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely 34Z.
  2. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark had one also for a time that was 34 i don't know if they still make it. We put in larger gate at customers house if they are alright with it. To upgrade to a 5 foot gate it cost around 65 dollars. We do it for free if a customer has been with us a year or longer.
  3. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

both exmark and toro dropped their small z turns. stupid if you ask me
  4. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

there is a homeowner near one of our properties that have the Gravely 34, I talked to them about it a couple years ago and his biggest complaint was lack of power going up hills. Granted, he's a pretty heavy guy, but he said going up hill "wide open" it might do 5mph with the hydro whining all the way. It looks like it gave a good cut.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

With such a small deck it becomes necessary to put too skinny of a tire to adequately displace all the weight of the machine AND the operator. Even the early Wright Stander 36s were known for their rutting...and generally standers are lighter than their ZTR counterparts.
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Gravely commercial 34Z, is a great machine. See if you can get a demo on one. I have never seen any indication that they lack power. They are veery popular around here, and you see them on many contractor's trailers.
    Yes, the tires are narrow, but they have to be, for clearance through gates.
  7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

the one I see on Gravely's site doesn't have a "hood" in the rear. The one I'm talking about that the owner has a red hood over the engine. Homeowner version?
  8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Yes, the one with the little hood over the engine is the homeowner version. It will not hold up to commercial use. It is a pretty good little homeowner unit though.

9. kennymo81

kennymo81 LawnSite Member

I believe gravely has a commercial 32 or 34 zero turn. Snapper Pro has a 36 commercial zero turn.
  10. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

I have seen some 36inch scag zero turns but if you wanted to expand your options you could look into stand on which Scag, Exmak, Toro, Write, Great Dane and a few others make a 34 - 36inch stand on. Just my 2 cents