Who makes a nicer, small 5x8 or so tandem trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RECESSION PROOF MOWING, Apr 1, 2011.

1. RECESSION PROOF MOWING

RECESSION PROOF MOWING LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen a few around in my day, but don't know what brand or specifics. I'd like to own one of those nicer looking small tandem trailers with open rails. Maybe 5x8, 6x8 if they make 'em. Any leads? I'll pull my 54" stander on one those and life will be good.

2. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you want a tandem 5x8 trailer. Pretty much all tandem's come with at least 3500 lbs axles and therefore 7000 lbs capacity. I don't see any reason for a 7000 lbs capacity on a 5x8 trailer.

I'm confused.

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

hahaha april fools right?..... right?...

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

He may want to haul a bunch of lead blocks, that's about the only way to get close to capacity with that small of a space.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Must be, as I've never seen a tandem 5X8.

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Bri-Mar makes something that might fit that bill DT 508 -5

Its a 5x8 foot dump trailer that has a landscaping gate and a single 5000 pound axle its got 18" solid sides. It looks bad ass if I had space issues and was solo id consider it. I don't think you need more than 2 tons of capacity in something that small.

7. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

My smallest trailer is a 6.4 by 12 foot and that is tandem and it does look amusing how compact it is with 2 wheels a side. What I'm curious about is the size you state of my 3 trailers all are tandems. 2 of them have fenders 66 inches and one has 72 inches so on an 8 footer you'd only have 2 to 2.5 feet on that side that's not fender are you sure you've seen that.

8. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Tractor Supply co has a good one.

9. FryDaddy

FryDaddy LawnSite Member

I may be wrong, but I've never seen a tandem smaller than 12'. unless it was a custom made trailer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. jklawns219

jklawns219 LawnSite Member

I mean..that would look nice..but unless its a dump trailer.. i dont see your reasoning behind it..it would be to costly to be efficient in my opinion.