1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who makes an inexpensive, but quality 36" ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thefed, Aug 18, 2007.

1. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'd like a 36" or so ZTR for some smaller yards we have. I know gravely has a 34, but I'm curious about the rest. And what are their MSRPS's? Ive never looked at such small ZTR's

I'd probably end up buyign used if I can find the right one

2. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark has one but it looks kind of weird.

3. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

I have a 42 hustler mini fastrak, i know they make a 36 also...its a very well built res. model, but they give you a 3 yr warranty with it...i love mine. the cut is beautiful and runs like a champ.

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

just buy a 36" toro with hydro and it will last you forever or a gear drive with pistol grips. i bought a 36 toro with gear drive and t-bar what a pain with that t- bar.

5. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hustler and Bobcat make 36in. -42in commercial Z's I have a hustler 42 it works good on small to medium properties. Look to spend around 5k , though itll get work done quicker and save your legs!!

6. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Toro, Exmark, Hustler, Scag, Bobcat. They all make 34/36" ZRT mowers. One thing about the small ZRTs is that they don't handle hills all that well compared to larger ZRTs. If you have hills you need to mow, you do best with a walk-behind.

7. LCPullman

Hmm, that depends on the operator. For many people the T-bar is the best gear drive controls on the market. Easy to use and easy on your hands/wrists/arms.

8. LCPullman

They make a Mini Z 36/42. I think the decks similar design, but it's a commercial unit.

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I know a guy who bought Hustlers 36" ZTR...I think its called a FastTrak. He was a walkbehind guy for years. He really likes it.

10. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i dont know how much they cost but u can look into the gravely 34z and 44z and the 144Z