1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who makes cub cadet trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by geogunn, Jun 2, 2003.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yesterday at lowes I noticed the cub cadet trimmers and I wondered who makes them.

I assume they are a copy of another brand just a different color.

but are they a cheaper model of the brand they are a copy of?

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one of those but, it's called crapsman pro. I beileve that it is made by poulan. I have the SAME exact copy but, mine is green.
  3. Bouncer

Bouncer LawnSite Member

I'm pretty sure it's just a glorified Poulan that you're looking at . I seen them at Lowe's also. One thing i learned is, even though it says commercial on it, be careful!! That does'nt mean it's made for commercial use, it may only have parts that are used on commercials. The Cub cadets say commercial but it's only meaning the shaft not the whole unit!! Read the fine print!! ( i learned this the hard way!!):(
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I don't really know the correct spelling, something like shirburu, makes the engine.
    I know my BB-60 backpack cub blower looks just like a Maruyama blower, so maybe that brand makes the trimmers also, a Maruyama trimmer owner might be able to see what that brand engine is on the trimmer.
  5. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

ryobi - which is owned by mtd-
  6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Wriken is right...it is Shubura or whatever...they used to make trimmers for Stihl as well.

Stihl got rid of them because parts availability was a nightmare!! And with Cub being a part of MTD I see no change in sight as far as parts are concerned...

Run, run...as fast as you can away from these units!!