Who makes Cub cadet trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaufmaninc, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Cub Cadet CC3000 2-Cycle Gas Trimmer 25cc

Curious who makes this unit? Is it Maryami?
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

very intelligent PRO PROPERTY BABY:rolleyes: :dizzy:

i think cub cadet might make them personally..but i am not 100% on that
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Mine says on the motor something like shiruba (sp) All I know is there pretty good trimmers. Mines a st-25 straight shaft.
  4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure of the spelling either. I do know it is the old Lesco stuff, before they started selling Kawasaki hand-helds. The current Lesco and Cub hand-blowers are the same except for the case colors. The only thing in that line that Lesco kept was the hand-blower. Lesco's mowers are manufactured by MTD and they market Lesco's old hand-held stuff under the Cub-Cadet name plate now. It's decent stuff, but there is better, but it's alot better than the Homelite/ Ryobi home owner stuff.
  5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

You make it sound like you own or have owned one of these trimmers. Have you even tried one? Bet the answer is "no". I am currently using one and have found it every bit as good as the Stihl and Echo. In fact, the new Stihl products are having a lot of problems with carbs. and filter screens, and I won't even start in on Echo. The only trimmer that I like as much as the Cub CC3000 are the Husky's and Shindi's. Haven't tried the new Kawasaki line trimmers, but if the motor on those is up to par with their other motors it's probably a great product. All-in-all, I would have to say Cub has produced a winner with the CC3000 line trimmer.
  6. Martino

Martino LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Wriken is right......although, I believe that the name of the manufacturer is Shibaru. The same company manufactured the FS74 and FS76 for Stihl, prior to the FS80 and FS85.