1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who makes it?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kawasaki guy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

who makes these trailer?

2. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

from the colour and highly detailed photo ,I think its manufactured by smurfs .Seriously ,any trailer company makes units like that,nothing special about it .
  3. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

they will be hard to find. the smurfs tv show is the only thing i see. do you know the address of their website?
  4. ParkWelding

ParkWelding LawnSite Member

I know Post #2 was a joke. I seriously hope that Post #3 was as well.

It looks like any other common landscape trailer I have seen.
  5. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

That's actually a poorly built trailer. If you look at the tongue it is welded to the trailer making the trailer structurally weaker. In an accident I have seen trailer like this split in two or the bow up into the air like an upside down V.

You want a trailer where the shop knows how to bend the steel so you have a solid piece of steel running the whole length of the trailer. The ramp needs another pair of uprights to help keep the expanded metal better supported to prevent bowing or blow outs.

If you had a closer shot there may be other shortcuts like angle iron used on the ramp uprights instead of boxed tube steel that is more rigid. No electric brakes or brakes on just one axle.
  6. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Nobody ever suggested that Smurfs were experts at engineering or welding.