Who Makes the Beast From HD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassesGuy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. GrassesGuy

GrassesGuy LawnSite Senior Member

What the hell is this Beast mower? HD is now a dealer for alleged commercials. Where do you get it repaired when it breaks? Sounds fishy to me

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

You get it repaired in your own garage by yourself or you take it to another dealer and he charges you for it.

3. scagmanjosh

scagmanjosh LawnSite Member

Its called a Zbeast. I just heard about them from a guy at work looking to get one. Turns out he thought he could get a big discount on it because he knew someone high up at HD, but they couldnt do it on that model so he got a resi Cub Cadet Z with a fabricated deck.

I told him I had never heard of Zbeast, but he showed me the website for it, what a crazy assed name.

http://www.beastpowerequipment.com/54zb.php

Still doesnt look like its more than semi-commercial grade to me (Freedom Z,Fast Trak, Bad Boy ZT,etc).

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Another toy aimed at people with more money than common sense. The new guy with a tax refund or his 401k money will also think its a real commercial mower. I've seen few shiny new BB zt's and JD 225's on trailers this year. Lots o luck when it breaks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I am guessing its made in China. I suggest getting a boat if it breaks and taking it there.

6. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

Northern tool sells the same mower under two different names. The first name is Dek. The other name is Stanley Mowers. The Stanley mower is yellow and black just like all Stanley tools. The Home depot version is powered by Subaru engines, the Dek and Stanley version have Honda engines. A company in N.C. called GXI distributes the Dek version. I don't know if it is an imported mower or not. Probably is though.

7. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

That thread like a few others opened a couple peoples eyes. American made or assembled has very different realities than what people are led to believe. Richard Martin can explain the subtle nuances very well. Companies are more concerned with marketing strategies than R&D and customer service these days.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

yeah like i said on that thread, dont buy them. commie crap and no service behind the purchase. the cheap tube steel alone on the handlebars steers me away!

10. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

China mower with some assembly in the US. Forget getting them repaired in a timley manner. Even the GXI guy said best turn around is two weeks. Others say much much longer.
    Posted via Mobile Device