1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who makes the best all around skid steer (lawncare)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Jul 8, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

Please don't move to landscape. the skidsteer is going to be used for installing yards for grass."Commercial Lawn Care
    A Commercial Lawn Care forum where Green Industry business owners discuss lawn maintenance,COMMERICAL EQUIPMENT, pricing, techniques, customer needs, find advice and more"

I wanted to find out what company makes the best all around skidsteer. (bobcat, case, john deere, new holland, etc....) thanks
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: jeff, i own a CAT 226 and its going on its 4th year and besides changing the oil and regular scheduled maintenance the machine has been trouble free, i have a few other friends who have switched and now own cats, great machine and the company has a great reputation. good luck. tony
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We to rent the cat from our local rental place (my client sells these units & I actually got him the sale w/ our local company). I will be considering this along w/ bobcat, new holland & gehl whe I make my purchase. The Cat has the most power w/ a full load & the twin sticks make it a little easier to transport material w/out losing your load since your foot doesn't control the bucket tilt.
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Case, hands down. Easy to work on, and don't break much in the first place. Personally IMHO avoid the ingersoll Bobcats like the plauge they are a major PITA to work on. BTW the case's are very strong machines and come with B model Cummins motors.
  5. Ric Harris

Ric Harris LawnSite Member

Jeff... I own a 2000 Bobcat 773G Turbo with enclosed cab (glass door and windows) that works great in the winter months when pushing snow.
    I've used it many times in major seedbed preparation with a Harley Power Box Rake attachment.
    Not saying it's the best machine, but I'm happy with it. ;-)
  6. Bchlawns

Bchlawns LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Bobcat is the best!!!!!!!!!!
  7. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Look into the ASV skidsteer loaders, they make a turf tracked model that won't rip up grass and what not....good luck.

8. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

i like the bobcat s300 it a pretty good looking machine
  9. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

Bobcat by far! Especially the A300 Turf friendly, Big Plus++
  10. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

Case all the way.