who makes the best back pac blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kenmac, Dec 2, 2005.

1. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

Who makes the best backpac blower .Redmax EBZ8000 OR Shinadiwa EB8510?
    I can get a redmax for $458.00 or a shindaiwa for $475.00

Thanks for any info.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

My eb7001 sure is great, starts really easy even in freezing weather. Don't know much about the shidis but have heard good things about them, good luck with your purchase
  3. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Kawasaki's new 750 looks nice light, simple good old 2 stroke.
  4. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

I have a Shindaiwa EB650, never had any problems and wow what power. All I can say is both brands are the best. I know you can’t go wrong with either one. I would buy either brand any day.

Only real thing to consider is that the ones with the throttle that is not on the tube are a little less fatiguing.

Imagine you can adjust and or set the throttle where you want it on the Shindaiwa. It has its throttle on separate from the blower tube and is on the left hand so you can operate the tube with the right hand independent of the throttle.

I think this gives you more flexibility and wears less on you because you are not using only one hand to control the throttle and the direction of the air stream.

You can more accurately pick with one hand how much air flow and then direct the air flow with the other at your leisure.

Also would consider the output of air. Be sure to know the air output at the blower housing. Some times they rate one at the end of the tube and others at the housing, and this is a drastically different number.
  5. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

the best I can come up with is shindaiwa eb8510 is 762 cfm at the tube redmax ebz8000 is 688 cfm. at the tube So , it appears that shindaiwa has redmax beat on air flow. Anyone have any different numbers ? what about the prices ? are they inline ?
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

got my redmax 8000's for $499 each recently. can't imagine a better blower. more importantly, red max will BACK THIER PRODUCT. more than i can say for other companies.
  7. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i have the 7001 red max and thought it was the best made, but recently chainged my mind..
    was in a pinch this year and needed a blower asap and had to buy from a stihl dealer ( not a big fan of stihl products)....
    bought the br6000... and wow ... that thing is awesome.... using it side by side with the red max to blow thick sand off a parking area.. it runs circles around the red max.......
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

this fall i tried out the shindaiwa and the redmax. the shindaiwa specs say it is more powerful but i went with redmax just because that is the 2-cycle brand i choose. the shindaiwa is really heavy and i had a lot of problems with its engine so i just went with redmax because that is the brand I trust and like. Just my opinion though.
  9. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

so far best i ever used redmax 8000 awsome power
  10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

REDMAX ebz 8000 all the way!!!!!! You can't beat the power!!:waving: