Who makes the best enclosed Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by NMS0219, Sep 30, 2007.

1. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi, I was just wondering who makes the best enclosed trailer. I have found myself in the market for a new trailer and just wonder what your thoughts are.

2. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I have a 20ft Horton Haluer and love it. Most enclosed trailers are good - just make sure to look at the way the doors are built when shopping around. My father in law has a alumilite and the rear door is coming apart with only occasional use. I bought my horton used from a fellow landscaper and the door is still solid. Hope this helps

3. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

hey mower&more did you nail the 2x4 directly to the aluminum wall? I also considering an enclosed trailor. How thick are the walls on them and is it difficult to nail the boards to them to hang stuff from. thanks.

5. mower&more1986

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

mine is made by a company called haulin very nice trailer, i have liked wells brand also, they make one with a translucent roof that is the bee's knees but that brand is a little pricey. get a enclosed with 3/4'' ply wood walls so you can hang stuff any place in it,thats the way to go.

7. mower&more1986

8. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

look into aluma trailers, if you can afford one.

9. mower&more1986

very true the 3/4'' ply wood walls is the way to go.
    when I have more money I'm going to get a couple. then I have more building options. my enclosed Trailer is used for more than just lawncare I also use it to haul my atv. also if can afford it, if your truck can pull it and if you have room to park it go 7x14 with tandam axles and trailer brakes. my 6x12 got small fast Imo

10. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks mower&more. That closeup of the board attached to the trailor wall helped clarify.