Who makes the best mower blades?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by clif, Jun 11, 2010.

1. clif

clif LawnSite Member

I'm interested in peoples' opinion about who makes the best mower blades, I'm running gator blades on my Hustler 52" Mini Z right now. Are there longer lasting blades out there, less sharpening between cuts that is? The gators are nice because they are relatively easy to sharpen, but I wonder about their lifting capability, or lack there of even. I want something that's not hard to sharpen, but has high lift for mulching maybe....

2. ronmowers

ronmowers LawnSite Member

Oregon seems to make some of the strongest and reasonably priced blades. If we can be of any help in getting blades let us know. Ron

3. clif

clif LawnSite Member

I think they make gator blades...

4. ronmowers

You're right.

5. leading edge lawn service

leading edge lawn service LawnSite Member

I have a 23/52 mini Z and have used many different blades. the fusions that came on it lasted longer but for me in the St. Augustine lawns I cut the Gators work best.

6. ronmowers

Let me know if you need blades. Get the part number off the blade and send it to me with the quantity you need. Ron

7. TSB group

TSB group LawnSite Member

Gator blades suck up here in the north east most of the year! I use Oregon hi-lifts most of the year. Its amazing what you need for different times of the year.

8. clif

clif LawnSite Member

thanks ron