1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the best plow??????

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by AB Lawn Care, Jan 27, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

We currently use our lawn equipment to do snow removal and we are soon looking to buy a plow truck.We have decided we want a rear plow on it but we have not decided what type of plow to put on the front.We are looking for just a normal straight plow.I'm shure that every one has a plow they like.Please tell me the brand you like and why.Also if possible please tell me about any brands you dislike and why.<p>Thanks!<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Boss 10' V-Blade for a 3/4 ton or larger truck.<br>
  3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

OK this post is going to cause a big fight.<p>I like diamond, it has a trip edge, large curve in the blade, has a stong frame, is easy to put on the truck.<p>Dino is going to say meyer or western, with the full blade trip.<p>Someone else is going to say fisher because they like them.<p>So i don't know what to tell you, other than Diamond. I think you are going to have to make your own choice, like i told little Bryan.<p>Geoff
  4. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Actually I will say this, buy a v plow. I dont care what brand, just buy one. You will be amazed at how much time it will save you. Install a urethane blade. <br>Or at the very least, find a good dealer and buy from him. That in my opinion is more important then brand. Oh and move to the south for that is where all the snow is.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

agree with Lazer I have 20 BOSS plows for my trucks and 3 for loaders there great
  6. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Sunrise,<br>Do you have the big, fixed Boss snowplows on those loaders?<p>
  7. jmyles

jmyles LawnSite Member

Look at a hiniker V-Plow if you want a v blade. they are similar to boss, but have more bracing in the moldboard, also seem to backdrag better. They are also relativly easy to install yourself.<p>Happy pushing,.
  8. sunrise

sunrise Banned

Lazer,<br> Sorry for being so long in response I been plowing snow or now sunday and monday ice about 1-2 inches.<br>no it is a skid steer power &quot;v&quot; and it works great the driver sometimes get snow fliped back on him<br>have you heard of a Snow-Way plow?<br>They have down pressure seen one monday but no one was around to ask about them. Do you know?<br>
  9. nsmilligan

nsmilligan LawnSite Member

I'f you're into serious plowing. Long driveways, or commerical lots get a good V plow, I think Fisher has the best because of the trip, also because they Fisher are 100% behind their product, and so is my dealer. A V will open driveways and lots when those 100 year storms show up and the most important is to use the scoop position. I contraced a lot this year i was told couldn't be done my K2500, and yet i'm doing quicker then the previous contractor and his 4X4 cat backhoe, because of the v plow, and stacking it almost as high, and we've had some of the biggest snows in the last few years ( 16&quot; monday and 20&quot; friday and 60 mph winds a week ago!) I know geoffdiamond will disagree, but get a fisher V, ryhmes eh!<br>Bill
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I use a 8'2&quot; Boss V-plow on my 90 K3500 (single rear wheel) Very happy, however this brand of V-plow does NOT trip! I used to have several builders development roads to plow and the raised manholes and storm drains bent the plow up pretty good (winter of 96). Since then, I dropped all future road contracts in favor of parking lots of which all obstructions are now known. I wouldn't go any wider than 8'2&quot; with a 3/4 or 1 ton SRW A 10' is disigned for the Ford 550 and 650 series only. <p>----------<br>Thomas J. McCauley Jr.<br>Tommy's Lawn Service