who makes the best skidsteer

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jeff_0, Jul 8, 2004.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

I want to buy one next year. And i wanted to know who makes the best all around skidsteer.

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know anything about skidsteers. . .but if I were a betting man, I'd bet for Deere. I've been impressed with every piece of Deere equipment I've operated (especially my Deere 757, and all their commercial lawn equipment). But, my good friend probably the best and most sought after heavy machinery operator in the state with lots and lots of experience says that of all the equipment (mainly trackhoes) that he's operated, Deere is superior by far. In fact, with his favorite Deere trackhoe, he is so precise with it, he can tap you on the shoulder with the bucket. . .so if that doesn't impress upon you why I vote for Deere, I don't know what will.

3. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

Bobcat bobcat bobcat

4. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

In all seriousness styxboy
    How do you rent a bob? In AZ you must be 21 to 23. Are the requirements different in OH?

5. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

i would go with a deere or a bobcat

6. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a Cat 247 for several days. An excellent machine. I am going to demo a Bobcat T190 soon.

7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a Cat 246 in April and I've been very happy with it. I've used Bobcat, New Holland, and Gehl and they are good machines, too. Truthfully, the only ones I've really heard negative things about was the Deere. But this is the same as Ford/Chevy/Dodge, everybody has their favorites. Use what works for you and makes you money, that's the bottom line.

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on this site as well.

9. stxkyboy

stxkyboy LawnSite Member

In all seriousness Ive been able to rent a bobcat since i was eighteen and before that i just had my dad sign the papers. Those rules are dictated by the rental companies around here. I have operated a 700, 800, 900, and t300 series also toro dingos

10. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Mustang !!!!!! easy running.