Who Makes the best stand on?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by makktruck, Dec 15, 2012.

1. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a good reliable stand on mower that can cut the best in any condition. In 100 degree weather with super dry grass, or In 50 degree weather with super wet grass. Don't quote me on the conditions just trying to show i need a reliable stand on mower.

2. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I like Scag & Gravely. Toro & Exmark are good as well, i just would pick Scag & Gravely 1st.

Demo, Demo, Demo....

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

How much do you weigh?

4. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as stand ons we have run wright and scag, we prefer the scag
    Good luck .
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

In my opinion the best stander right now is the new Gravely Pro-Stance. It has features no other company offers at this point. It cuts great in all conditions and handles hills very well. By far the most comfortable.

Here is a link to my detailed review of Gravely's stander, hope it helps.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=389107

6. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Maybe a little research is in order here? If you don't have a clue what you need then you need to dig up all the specs for each mower and see which one fits YOU the best then go demo each one. There is no best. All you're asking is for thousands of total strangers to voice their opinion. Do some leg work and you won't have to ask such a broad question that it can't be answered.

7. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Thanks for the answers and I weigh 180. I'm demoing today
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. orangemower

from pa

Good luck with the demos. Try to make mental notes on specific things that would/could work better for your work load as well as terrain. If you're cutting on hills a bunch make sure to demo them on hills and push it as much as possible to see where the limits might be. I'm not saying to do something unsafe but you need to know if it will do what you need without issue. Again, good luck today. Don't jump on the first brand you try, demo all of the ones you would consider. You'll have all the info you need at this point and won't even need to ask this question. Make sure that whatever you buy, take pictures and post them. You know the cyber world saying "pics or it didn't happen" will start popping up. LOL

9. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

This is like asking what phones best iPhone or android you'll have mixed opinions . I weight in the 180 range and my 52 grandstand works great for me and I don't have a weight kit if I had to get a new one I'd problay consider the scag vride
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. orangemower

from pa

I have a Scag Cub and like the brand for the most part. The V ride is nice but when I was at the dealer and saw one on the floor. When I stood on the platform I felt like I was Magic Johnson just standing there! That's the only thing I don't like about it. I'd have a time using it around trees. I actually had to lean just a bit to feel comfortable with the controls. 4 inches lower would make a huge difference for a taller person. I do like everything about it. If the platform could be lowered more it would suit me much better.