Who Makes the best stand on?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by makktruck, Dec 15, 2012.

1. kyfirewood

kyfirewood LawnSite Member

I have front mount Grasshoppers with the vac and mulching blades. Also on the Scag I bought an Accelerator catcher. If you mulch the leaves first, then put the catcher on that works great. The Accelerator catcher would work on the Gravely as well
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. GSO LAWNEN4CER

GSO LAWNEN4CER LawnSite Member
    from GSO NC

The thing with stand on's is.If you have any sites where there are low hanging branches.You just paid 5k for a bigass headache,not to mention its gonna slow you down.

3. kyfirewood

kyfirewood LawnSite Member

I would argue that low hanging branches could be a problem standing or sitting. How do you mean slow you down? I use stand on and sit down mowers as well. After you get used to standing it's great. Not to mention I feel better when using the standing model vs sitting
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. A 48 inch deck may get through some single wide chain link gates but, a 52 won't.

5. ScagMan24

ScagMan24 LawnSite Member

Sup Davis, Miller here telling you that Scag and Gravely have the best stand ons in my opinion> don't really like exmark. Scag is the best in my opinion but you should definitely demo before you choose

6. makktruck

makktruck LawnSite Member

Thanks pal

7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a new grandstand last month after an extensive search. All the models I tested out had their positives and negatives. Even my grandstand has its quirks but I am satisfied with my purchase. It is hard to recommend any of them. You have to go out and see which one you are comfortable with.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

I bought the 52" vride earlier the spring and it has been amazing so far but I already owned the 36" vride as well so I knew what to expect. The biggest complaint I hVe is on the new vrides the operated presence sensor is in the handle where as before it was in the platform meaning you technically couldn't walk behind it. That being said I like the new platform was better.
    Posted via Mobile Device