Who makes the best sting trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheHammer, Jan 23, 2008.

1. TheHammer

TheHammer LawnSite Member

Who makes the best sting trimmer:help:: because I was just wondering

2. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

redmax is the best

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are just starting out or have only a few accounts like me than go with echo. once you get bigger upgrade to stihl.

4. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive had great luck with Shindaiwa equipment. Echo holds up well too. Tried my buddies RedMax trimmers and wasnt impressed at all. Both ran rough at only a few months old. They also shocked the piss out of me when my elbow brushed over the plug. Never happens with my Shindaiwas.

5. Nobody Does.

6. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo.................

7. lawn dogg

lawn dogg LawnSite Member

Ive used stihl, echo, and probably every one that you can get at the box stores but i think the shinys hold up better and the easy feed head is great, i was told redmax has a easy feed head now. will try them next

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive never had to trim a "sting" LOL.

9. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Another trimmer thread. Anyway, I have used echo stihl and redmax and like stihl the best, echo second, redmax third. The redmax will vibrate, have problems with the gearbox, and the heads will break really fast. Echos are more durable and very balanaced. But stihls are just great. Get a echo or stihl.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Just go out and buy one of the top five brands and you will be fine. Echo, Stihl, Tanaka, Redmax, shindy there are other that are good as well. Whatever one you buy make sure its commercial rated.