1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who makes the best striping 48" WB?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RedWingsDet, Aug 1, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

well, ive been looking at exmark, gravely and just today hustler. before it has seems exmark stripes best out of all of em. but i really like how hustler machines are easy to operate. so out of those 3 which stripe best for a 48" hydro WB?
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Out of those 3 the exmark will cut the best with the best stripes. We have founf and I am sure many will agree that bob cat mowers produce really nice stripes and a superb cut and are built really well. So go look into a bob cat also.
  3. Scag floating deck hydro's stripe and cut excellent.built like tanks to.
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

ill have to check em out. what about lescos, i know 5starlawncare used em for his WB's and dixies for ZTRs. but how do lescos stripe and perform?

im looking to get something at the end of this year while there on sale and not top dollar in spring. i want a 48wb, hydro, and a good size motor to take care of leaves during fall!
  5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Actually, in the spring is normally when a dealer will hold an open house and you can get a better deal then. Also, the Bob-Cat is the most awesome stripes out of the crate that I have seen.
  6. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

My 36 and 48 inch WB Bob-Cats lay some really bright stripes.
  7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

here is a pic of my lesco 48 H/D with some stripes and a lesco sulky

picture 016.jpg
  8. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

that lesco is also the same as a cub commercial. I never even seen a bob cat stripe. Is it really that good?
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I know somebody will yell at me for this. But don't forget to look at a Wright Stander. They stripe real well. The Wright velke mowers also strip very well.
  10. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM LawnSite Member

Sure do.............