Who makes the best trimmer line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SpudsM15, Aug 21, 2003.

1. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I just ran outta my spool of .95 maxi edge from sears....
    I was wondering if the echo splitfire or whatever its called is better. how about redmax, shindwa????

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I find that WalMart's Diamond Edge (orange) is really a great bargain. Lasts and is tough, and cuts great. Just started using Gator Square this week, and seem to like it a lot too, seems to last longer, but is a bit more expensive. Bang for the buck, Diamond Edge is hard to beat......will let you know if this Gator lasts long enough to make up for the extra cost, which I think it will. Also, I've not tried this, but I heard that Suffix is even better then Gator.

~Nest

3. Red Dwarf

Red Dwarf LawnSite Member

I just got a spool of the Echo Crossfire....I don't like it. It cuts good, but I've noticed it frays really bad. Have to bump the head a lot to cut a fresh edge

Hard to beat Gator Line

4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

gatorline, will not weld and doesnt wear as fast as the others.just make sure you got some power to use it.

5. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have been using Echo crossfire for about a year now. I have tried others, but in the .095 size have found none that lasts longer or cuts any better. The echo is reasonably priced at home depot. Just my two cents.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

7. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use Echo crossfire . I wasn't real impressed. It frayed alot and was very expensive. I bought a spool of Rotary brand from Mow-More . A 3lb. spool of .095 line costs about $22.00 and works great. Doesn't weld fast and lasts a long time. Matt

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I run 105 Suffix in my Stihl. It's the best stuff I have found. In fact i have been meaning to write a review about it. In my opinion, if you are not using Suffix you are totally missing the boat when it comes to superior trimmer line.

9. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

gator magnum.. little more expensive but worth every penny

10. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

am i gonna lose power if i run like 105 or something on my echo srm 210? What is the line weight that I sho0uld be running, i think im running .095 now