1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who makes the scotts spreader

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by spcfoor, Apr 21, 2005.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering who makes and where I can get a scotts spreader.
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

ANy Home Depot or Ace hardware store. Is this for your own house? If you are doing numerous lawns I think you will be happier with something more ruggedly built.
  3. spcfoor

I have seen a scott's spreader that looks like the lesco ones. I have speedy green 1000 for my house but since I have passed the tests and have become licensed to be an applicator I need something better. I have a lesco dealer near by but am looking at all my options.
  4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Check earthway. Their's seems a little more rugged than Scotts. Get something with pneumatic tires and at least a #50 hopper. Lesco had an epoxy model that is discontinued (might still have one in stock) for a little over $200, but even it will rust eventually.
  5. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Scott's spreaders are made by Anderson
  6. spcfoor

Thank you for the information.
  7. TMarch

TMarch LawnSite Member

Andersons is right. won't find the professional ones at home depot though. Andersons makes one like scotts old R8A with the cone and a edge deflector, stainless, nice but will cost U about $400-500
  8. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I just picked up an andersons spreader, all stainless with deflector shield for 425.00 at Helena Chemical. Pretty pricey but its great, has up to a 12 foot spread width, compare that to lescos 5-6 foot width and you have a timesaver worth the money.
  9. slow release

slow release LawnSite Member

The SR2000 (Scotts Professional Spreader) is much better than the Lesco spreader IMO. I have used both. The SR2000 has a cable operated 3rd port, a cable operated stainless steel side deflector, the adjustable helical cone, stainless steel frame and pnuematic tires!
    Don't know if Lesco has upgraded theirs at all, but the last one I used (about 5 yrs ago) had a plastic side deflector that you had to stop moving to put down and had to reach under the hopper and manually close the 3rd port. It is much better to be able to do both these things while moving.
  10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes LESCO has an upgraded model that has been out for a few years now. Mine has a 100lb capacity, third hole shut off from the handle and side deflector control from the handle.

I do want to check out that SR2000 spreader. I have a dealer nearby that sells them and they swear by the precission of the spread pattern of those things.