1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Who manufactures Leso mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nova385, Oct 14, 2002.

1. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Who manufactures Leso mowers? The Z-2 is what I'm asking about. Looks like a textorn.
  2. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

MTD as in like the Cub Tank??? Or a totally different design???

I don't have a local Lesco and have been waiting for info to come in the mail on the Z 2 for a while now. I'm about to forget about it.
  4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

AYP or american yard products makes white lesco cub mtd sears poulan pro troy bilt and a few others
  5. Envy Lawn Service

I was not aware that AYP had anything to do with MTD. I thought AYP was only making brands like Sears, Poulan Pro, and Husqvarna lawn tractors.

MTD is making a ton of stuff or owns the company itself. They make Yard Machine, White Outdoor, Troy Built, Huskee, Yardman and a zillion other off names. They bought Cub Cadet as a whole. I was told this was an ordeal where they became quite in debt with MTD and at the same time MTD wanted them as a means for replacement of the MTD pro line.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Yeah what envy said!
  7. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

MTD owns alot of the off brand items even the Cub Cadet and White Brands, MTD even makes John Deere W/B boy what a shame all that money for the green name and you could just go to Wal-Mart for around $300 to $500 less...But thats Corporate Buisness for you.:dizzy:
  8. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Dose anyone here own a z-2 (or a cub tank if it is the same ) or know someone that dose? Would like an opinion on on how well they hold up.
  9. Alan Bechard

Alan Bechard LawnSite Member

I do not know what a z2 is but I have an M48 Tank that is a couple of months old.

Happy with it so far. Wish there were aftermarket blades available.

I almost did not buy because of the spindles but they actually have a bolt through them so they are easy / cheap to replace. I like that.

We will probably buy another mower next summer to replace our 60" Dixon, it will probably be another Lazer Z 60" with Kawasaki. The Tank would have been a Lazer if I could have gotton one from the dealer that I wanted to deal with.

Any specific questions? I am happy with it overall, I dont drive it, but I do maintain them and it has been easy so far. My wife and the lady that works with her, would tell me real quick if they were not satisfied though.

Al B
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Thanks for posting. I have some questions for you! I've been checking an M48 Tank with the fabricated deck $5,999. Does that sound like a fair price? Everything looks like a good clean design to me. I like the deck rollers alot. But, I can't remember if it has a hydro oil cooler??? Is that really important?

I'm bouncing back and forth between several models. I just can't seem to put my finger on much that separates them.