Who Needs A Gym When You Have Aeration

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by richallseasons, Sep 24, 2007.

1. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, this is the first year that I own an aerator (ITS AN OLD RYAN) so naturally I sent out fliers and booked as much work with the machine as I could.....let me just ask you guys that do a lot of aeration's, is it just my old machine or is this some of the hardest ass kicking work you have during the season, man I feel like I have been at the gym all day and I'm starting to look like it..............

2. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

It is like riding a mechanical BULL It is not just your machine. They all ride like that. I have seen some with sulkies on them. That would be a ride I would like to try. ONCE!!!!

3. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

yeah. I just got home from aerating all day and iam dead. it for sure is alot of work.

4. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I have said forget it with trying to aerate with a WB Aerator.....I only use the front mount and pull behind.....

5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like trying to muscle a Barretto rototiller.

Best tiller ever made - but if the ground is hard, its still some work to turn and navigate.

Your aerator is probably harder though.

6. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I went with the guys on the day we aerated a couple lawns. I wanted to show them that I knew what they were doing and I had no problem working as hard as they did. After that day was over I said that was the last time I worked in the field on day we do aeration.

That was some hard work. The aerator almost slung me on the ground or down the hill several times.

I dont see how you'll do this type of work on regular basis.

7. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought an older ryan lawnaire IV last week and did all my regular customers. I just advertised in the local pennysaver for it. But how did you send out your fliers? Door to door, bulk mailing?

What kind of response did you get from the number of fliers you gave out?

8. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

9. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Aeration is good fast money but You'll feel it later. Thats for sure.

10. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

No I did not go too nuts, mainly sent out to all regular customers,past customers asking for referals and offering discounts, also took out ad in local paper for two weeks and got decent results from all.