Who offers bushhogging services

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Nov 14, 2003.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Just wondering how many of you guys offer bushhogging service as well as lawncare. I have for years now and many customers appreciate it. I spent today bushogging for two of my biggest customers. One is a developer that I finish mow all his subdivisions, plus his home and he referes my bushhogging service to lots of people. The other today in a homeowners association that I bushhog the empty lots once a month as well as finish mow all commons areas. These customers love the fact they can count on me to handle both these services and not have to hire someone else to bushhog.
    So im just wondering, does anyone else offer bushhogging or am I unique with this service?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I use to do it for the realators on there empty lot. Made them really stand out. But Got lowballed out. new idiot does it for $15 up to 5 acres same price.

Mac

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I do my own with a rental machine for small jobs, but for bigger ones I sub contract it out.

4. pjslawncare/landscap

You cant be serious. Whats that idiots phone number. At that price, I will sub out my bushhogging to him

5. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Yes It's good work for the money involved and time spent.

What do you use to brushhog with??

6. pjslawncare/landscap

38 hp 4wd compact with 6' woods rotory cutter. The good thing about bushhogging is I can do it in the evening into nightfall as I have both headlights and rear lights. I am quite famillier with all the places so no surprises hidden in weeds. I have even done it in the rain with rain suit on.

7. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set-up mate.

Personaly I would love a compact tractor (kubota)
    I use a Z with swing back blades for brush hogging.

You have some real nice stuff in your signiture line there!
    Very Nice :)

8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I'm serious and the guy will drive 50 miles ONE way if he can get three lots togther. 1/4 mile down my rd. the guy does 3 lots 15 acres and got $45 I stopped to chat with him to tell him he could be getting alot more $$$ and the sob start some shi* about me being jealous that he took the job from me. I just laughed and said yep you got me good on this project. But since your in the neighbor hood we got 45 acres just down the rd. behind my house that need done this weekend and your all ready here so I'll pay you $110 to knock it out for me. Now I got me a new friend. I see him drive past the house and back in the field and he starts chopping and hes chopping trees 2-3 inch. After a couple hrs I go back to see how hes doing and he's about 1/3 done gonna finish this weekend. The Azz hole is doing my deer hunting ground that got of hand. Its in to bad a shape to put my equipment on and its been like that for at least 3 yrs. But hey when you get a sharp business man that knows what he's doing you just gotta let him do it! Plus I get some prime hunting ground back.

Mac

9. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

28hp MF 1428V 4x4 with 5 ft. rorary cutter. Have done about 6 jobs with it other than 2 commercial accounts that have fields that I do once per month. Just put a loader on the front. Comes in real handy.

10. pjslawncare/landscap

Yea Bayfish, I dont think I can live without my front loader now. I dont know how I got along without it before. Ive used it to pull engines, jack trailors to fix tires, lift anything heavy, install flatbed on truck, set 110 gal fuel tank in truck bed, use on mulch jobs, ect, ect, ect in addition to its intended use. Once you have a front loader, you will never be without it again. I consider it my fancy wheel barrel.:)