Who on here has dealt with Clean air Lawn care?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I sit here finally relaxing after a long day of work and start cruising craigs list. org. I find a nice little blurb of the wanting to start a little business in a neighboring town. I went to the site to see what is up.
    All I can say is WOW!
    Check it out.
    Just curious of your opinions?

2. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

I am wondering what they use for green electric mowing equipment, I have never seen any.
  3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I am not saying it won't fly in the area they are advertising for. The area is a mini San Francisco with earth friendly people every where that are so overwhelmed with the environment, yet still drive their cars and use electricity like the rest of us.
    I can't imagine how much you would have to charge to mow a lawn with an electric mower compared to a regular mower. Oh well, a niche like we all try to get.
  4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't like their wording on their site. Read the About section... cheesy... but just because I don't like thier website doesn't mean I don't like their idea. I think If you have the right market and advertise what your about than its a good idea... just have to make sure the target market is there.
  5. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

Its SF. Of course they could pull it off......
  6. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If you look under Growth I found franchises in Texas, Massachusetts, Georgia, New York and then I stopped looking.
    Under "Renewable Energy" you will see they used riding mowers powered by bio diesel fuel. My guess is that they use electric 21" mowers and hand helds.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They're only 100% carbon neutral because of the wording. If they go into an area that doesn't have solar or wind powered electricity to buy they purchase what is available. Then they go to where that power is available and purchase electricity to offset the "dirty" electricity that they did buy. When they buy the "clean" electricity they make it unavailable for anyone else to buy and are there-for wasting that clean electricity.