who owns simplicity ztr?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Oct 15, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i just bought a simplicity champion zero turn rider. its msrp is 5500. i got it for 4100. it has a 20 hp briggs vanguard. anybody else own a simplicity ztr? likes and dislikes please. thanks.

2. lawnwizards

no one owns a simplicity ztr?

3. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that the one that has the deck that tilts up for cleaning?

4. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

I've had a Simplicity ztr for the past two years. No problems.

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

nobody is going to admit to having that mower. for 4100 I would have bought a used eXmark or toro.

6. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

isn't Simplicity a homeowner's-grade tractor?

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't own one i have looked em over not bad getting a top moter.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

I tested a Simplicity Citation 48". My dad works at a Simplicity dealership. The Champion is the top homeowner model and pretty sturdy though. The Citation is the first of thier commercial ztr's with the welded deck and such. The thing that makes Simplicity ztr's different is the 2 and 4 wheel independant coil-over suspension. Makes for a very smooth ride and still cuts well. I ended up with an Everride after shopping around. On of the guys my dad works with is 6'7" 300+lbs and has the Champion and loves it...

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Congrats on the purchase.
    You could have done MUCH worse.

I think you'll love it if you are the one running it and you don't have a lot of hills to deal with. Don't say I didn't warn you about those little front tires though. When you dis-lodge one from the rim, and you will unless you are up to personal and mechanical abuse from high PSI, give me a yell and I can share some tips with you to make life easier.

10. lawnwizards

just for kicks i took what you said and looked up some exmarks on ebay as comparison. here they are
    1st. 60" lazer z, year not stated. 1570 hours rebuilt 25hp kohler elizabethtown pennsylvania 345 miles away $3550. my truck gets 17mpg so to pick it up would roughly cost me $83.21

2nd. 02 52" lazer z 627 hours 3 brand new spindles 23hp kawasaki hutchinson kansas 830 miles away $5100. cost to pick up $200.18

3rd. 01 72" lazer 1700 hours 26 hp kohler hunt valley maryland 350 miles away $4200. cost to pick up $84.42.

so we have 3633.21 for an unknown year 1570 hours rebuilt lazer,
    $5300.18 for an 02 627 hours and replaced spindles, and 4284.42 for an 01 1700 hours

what i'm trying to say is for $4000 i could either get a brand spankin new mower or a ragged out beat up dilapidated mower. oh yea, what was your point again?:dizzy: