Who owns your truck?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

For those of you (us) who are legit ... who actually owns your truck(s) ... you or your business?
  2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I am a sole prop so I own it all. When I was in a partnership with a much larger company we had another company that owned all the vehicles and equipment. That company leased the vehicles and equipment to the landscape company. We did this for liability reasons.
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

The pickup is in my name, as well as that darn statement that comes each month to my mailbox:)
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My business...then again, I own my business.
  5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

We actually have a seperate company that owns our trucks then leases them back to our other companies, of course we own both companies...
  6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

The trucks are in my name... if somebody sues my business/corporation... they aren't taking my trucks.
  7. oOTurfmanoO

oOTurfmanoO LawnSite Member

I own it all except for the F-250.

A local bank institution owns that till the middle of '07!:clapping:
  8. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Our company owns most of our truck( the bank still has a few liens on them), I own a few of them and lease them to the business. We also own a tree farm and our landscaping company leases a truck and a tractor to it.
  9. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sole Prop here as well and I own everything. That will soon change however. When I become and LLC, everything will be in the name of the bus.
  10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What kind of tree farm do you own?