who perfer wearing shorts than pants, no hat and no long sleeves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joel29m, May 6, 2012.

1. joel29m

joel29m LawnSite Senior Member

i dont see it alot but then again i do, im trying to see how in the hell do they use a trimmer in shorts? i know its hot and shorts is a way to keep cool, kinda got me on the edge of trying it out. but pants protects you from grass popping ya or getting in the boots or shoes, shooting rocks which will stilll sting with pants, or cutting your legs up with the trimmer which is hard to do unless you dont know how to work it. i can understand the shirt sometimes but not wearing a hat around 1pm in 95 degree weather, thats a no no to me, but i see it all the time.
  2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I wear shorts and no shirt daily when it it's 80 degrees plus. 13 years going so far.
  3. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear pants because my legs get to itching like crazy if I'm wearing shorts and get grass all over my legs. I'd rather be a little hotter than itchy. Always short sleeve shirts and I never wear a hat unless I am hunting. The less stuff on me the better a feel, so its just sunglasses and work tunes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Man I dont see how people wear long pants and long sleeves like that. Unless its the columbia PFG type of stuff where it breathes. But I usually sport a nice looking shirt and either athletic shorts or cargo shorts.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Ever see anybody from a warm country wearing shorts:dizzy: That isn't the way to stay cool.
  6. SSmith

SSmith Banned

Shorts. Always shorts. Plain white T most of the time too.
  7. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

Cargo shorts, short sleeve shirt but a good safari hat is a must down here. Of course, i am not running the string trimmer much anymore, but I just pull up the socks when i do.
  8. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I finally started wearing shorts last year. Just be sure to use some kind of bug repellent. Yes, rocks sting a little more. You just learn how to trim so as not to throw so much back on your legs and you just get used to stuff hitting you now and then. ALWAYS have something on my head. If it's above 70 I'm wearing short sleeves. Only gripe I've found about shorts is when I get blowout from the front of the mower, well you can guess where it goes.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. joel29m

10. joel29m

?:confused: what are you talking about? im just curious on whats better for everyone. and seen plenty cutting with pants.