who perfer wearing shorts than pants, no hat and no long sleeves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joel29m, May 6, 2012.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Shinguards? What the hell are trimming? I've worn snake guards in the brush. Long pants are mandatory for my guys. Long sleeve if you are spraying, that's osha regulation.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

Shorts and t shirt here. If its hot like yesterday 90deg plus its a cutoff for this guy. Only bad part is my legs are hairy as **** and all the trimmins get stuck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. BestImpressions99

BestImpressions99 LawnSite Senior Member

Would LOVE to cut in shorts. Catchers shin/knee guards just haven't been on our absolutely NEEDED list so it hasn't been a big deal. Actually I'll put that on our list of things to get soon, ESPECIALLY with summer on the way earlier than normal.

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Cargo shorts here...got to let em breath if you know what I mean.

My legs that is..
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. LHS Lawns

LHS Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I wear pants until it gets warm enough for shorts. I wear a Columbia Long sleeve Ultra Dry T-shirt with a SPF 50 rating.

Always a wide brimmed SPF hat and then apply sunscreen to the face, ears and neck.

You guys that have had skin cancers removed know what I'm taliking about.

When I trim I slap on a pair of leg chaps from W.E. Chapps. They go up just past the knee and secure with three velcro straps.

It might seem like a pain to put on each time but after a while when you get a routine down they are on and off in seconds.

I wouldn't be without them.

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Always pants and long sleeve shirts here. Also a bandana around my neck and a cowboy hat to keep the sun off me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

wal-mart $10 Kahki shorts and usually a light colored t-shirt (white, gray, or tan). For shoes, I wear Hiking boots. I find I can walk all day long in those things and my feet and legs don't hurt. Heavy work boots kill my knees for some reason. I also take white t-shirts and cut them into pieces that I wear under my gillie hat that soak up the sweat and they drape over my neck and ears to protect from the sun. I also wear sunscreen on all exposed skin. I've found I like the spray on stuff better (although it is little more expensive) because you can re-apply it even if you're dusty/dirty. I've thought about trying the long pants thing this year...I'm just resistant because it gets sooo damn hot and humid here in the summer.

8. The Yard Dog

The Yard Dog LawnSite Member

Running shoes
    Dry fit shorts
    Dry fit shirt (short sleeve)
    Omni shade hat
    Sun glasses
    And lots of sunscreen...
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Well...

I don't often wear clothes but when I do it's tan color Dickies long work clothing for me.

10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

You're the most interesting man in the world!
    Posted via Mobile Device