1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

who perfer wearing shorts than pants, no hat and no long sleeves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joel29m, May 6, 2012.

1. Pants, my dickie-type button up shirt with my company logo and a safari hat(with the neck cover). You'd be crazy in florida to wear anything less. I should probably wear a long-sleeve tee, but I hate them.
  2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

only if your concerned with getting skin cancer.
  3. why am i not surprised.....yea, people are crazy for wanting to prevent skin cancer:rolleyes::hammerhead::dizzy:
  4. yardguy28

don't put words in my mouth.
  5. man your a trip, so what DID you mean by that statement then?
  6. yardguy28

I meant it in more of a personal way. I don't even own a single hat. and I haven't worn sunscreen since I was a kid and my mom put it on me.

use to vacation in FL and cancun mexico for a week at a time. never an ounce of sunscreen or a hat. and I don't use tanning beds so coming out of winter I'm white as a ghost.
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I wear plenty of sunscreen. I'm typing this now looking at tan lines on my wrists from wearing gloves all day. I watched the doctor take a suspicious birthmark off my wifes back with what looked like a vegetable peeler. It took 2 months to heal. I want no part of that.:usflag:
  8. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Shorts and a tee shirt work for me if its a cutting day or when I can, long pants for other job. If your out in the sun like most of us you take in a lot of its vitamin D and I have all ways heard its less likely for us tanned up working people to get the skin cancer then those with fair skin that come out on occasion to get a burn.
  9. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

10. yardguy28

I'm just not one to really take care of myself that way.

I prefer to enjoy life and avoid things I don't like doing. like going to the doctor regularly or putting on sunscreen. if I wanna eat fatty foods I do. if I wanna smoke I do. if I wanna drink to much I do. if all that shortens my life, at least I lead a happy life.