who perfer wearing shorts than pants, no hat and no long sleeves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joel29m, May 6, 2012.

1. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

I always wear pants when trimming, otherwise just shorts and a JD hat sun up to sun down.

2. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

Under Armour shorts and a cotton tee every day in the summer... your legs get used to the abuse of the rocks and mulch and grass.

3. Four_Seasons

Four_Seasons LawnSite Member

If your running a good trimmer with a good shield, you have nothing to worry about. I used to wear dickies pants with boots, and a white t-shirt, but then I god my new trimmer and I am wearing a gray tee and cargo shorts. Couldn't be happier. I still get grass on my legs, but it doesn't splinter them and leave marks and bruises liek it used to with my old trimmer. The only thing I hate about trimming is edging, because it seems like my eyes are magnets for dirt and rocks....lol

4. Lafman

Lafman LawnSite Member

Get an edger

5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

...or some safety glasses.

6. dc240nt

dc240nt LawnSite Member
    from NW MN

You guys that get you're shins skinned may want to try a pair of winter gaiters. Easy on, easy off. Grab them when you grab the trimmer and slip them on. Just an easy and economical way to protect your legs.

7. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

Always shorts and T shirt. My friends can't understand why.. Well, I use F-230 Shindaiwa trimmers that spin clockwise, so when I'm edging it throws debri away from me (when your most likely to pick up a pebble or something..). I don't mine grass getting on my legs when I'm trimming.

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Is a Shin F-230 a curved-shaft trimmer?

9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I wear shorts during the summer and jeans when its cool out. I also wear a hat. You get use to things hitting your legs when wearing shorts after a while.

10. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

it's even easier to just wear pants all day. nothing to be putting on and taking off all day.