1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

who perfer wearing shorts than pants, no hat and no long sleeves?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joel29m, May 6, 2012.

1. BROWNS LAWN CARE

BROWNS LAWN CARE LawnSite Senior Member

i sometimes go sit in the truck to cool down in the middle of a job. depending on the heat, humidity and how well rested i am, i sometimes need a break between mowing and edging or edging and trimming.

doesn't take long. 12 oz's of water and MAX A/C cools me down enough in5 mins to go punish myself some more... :D

2. BROWNS LAWN CARE

i wish i could do that, but too dangerous, since i am solo and do it all...

i take it you only ride a mower in those sandals?

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

When doing landscape/irrigation work, I usally wear shorts w/ tshirt(short or long sleeves) when mowing or tree/tractor/skidsteer work its long pants, steel toe work boots, long sleeve shirts. I ALWAYS have a hat on. Its rare to ever see me with out one on. I prolly have more hats than underwear. I keep three hats in my truck incase I have to change or go somewhere after leaving a job.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BROWNS LAWN CARE

btw, i didn't respond to what i wear...

cotton shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, no hat...

but i am about to buy a hat...

trimming does kick up on your shins. i just use a dry towel to wipe off before climbing in the truck.

5. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Pants rub me raw and i just can't move like i want to. Pants that fit me are hard to find. Just too uncomfortable; i tried. Short sleeves and sweatshirts in winter/fall. I've been known to work in the cold with short pants, an undershirt and a sweatshirt.

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Croc's, hahahaahahahahahaaahahaha and he "hires" out his trimming. What the hell does that even mean? No womder this industry has image issues.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

Your run of the mill blue work pants and a surveyors safety vest (no shirt) seems to keep me somewhat cool in the 30 degree heat we get here (86 fahrenheit). Oh&s limits us big time, if we got caught near the road without a vest on we'd be hung. We also wear hard hats with clip on ear muffs and mesh face shield.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

We call 86 a cold front.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Shorts, tanktop & tennis shoes. No hat or sunscreen. When I fire up the backpack, before I put it on, I blow off legs cuz they're dirty & arms & head cuz it feels cooool when covered in sweat. I have 87 yr old customer tellin me all the time to wear sunscreen & get full brim hat.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Iceman318

Iceman318 LawnSite Member

Haha, I didn't think it would take long for that comment. Up here it's considered a heat wave.